Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mother Approved

The video camera was sitting right on the counter, and it was a moment I would have loved to have recorded, but I knew that turning on the camera would have changed the entire dynamic.  So I just watched and enjoyed.

It was breakfast time, and Kix were on the menu.  For some reason, Everly insisted on using a fork to eat them, and would periodically say, "Mommy!  I needin hulp." 

"Give it a try, Ev," I would suggest.  "Or use your spoon.  It will be much easier."

"No!  Fok!"

And then, giving up on me, "Toelttan, I needin hulp!"

So Cortlan put his spoon down, picked up Everly's fork, scooped some Kix and fed them to her.

"Tank eww, Toelttan!"

He continued to patiently help her anytime she asked, and even shared some of his mango with her.

Granted, breakfast ended with the remains of a bowl full of Kix and milk spilled all over the floor and Ev's pants, but it was sweet while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment