Monday, March 7, 2011

Firsts

The past several days were filled with firsts.  For example,
  • Saturday was the first day that Everly wore Pull-Ups.  (For the childless readers who want to know what they are:  check this link.)  At the end of the weekend, she had only peed once in her Pull-Ups but had gone #2 four times in them.  (Again, for the childless readers: somehow, the deuce in diapers is much easier to handle than in Pull-Ups, at least in my opinion.)  To top it off, two of those incidents occurred in a public place at a birthday party.  Not cool.  But yay for peeing on the potty.
  • Speaking of bathroom incidents (sorry for the serious degradation of topics as of late), Saturday was the first time that Cortlan decided to go to the bathroom by himself in the men's room in a public place.  This happened to be at the same birthday party as referenced above.  He happened to have the same need as his sister at this party.  AND the timing of the incidents were within minutes of each other.  So picture it:  I am in the women's room taking care of one mess while, unbeknownst to me at the time, Cort was taking care of things himself right next door.  Kind of.  I had to send the father of another party guest in to check on things; he emerged saying that Cort was holloring for me.  Sorry.  I had to go in.  That was also a first, I am pretty sure.
  • Moving to more pleasant firsts...Last night was the first night that we didn't have a crib in our house in over four years.  Thus, it was the first time Everly slept on her new "big girl bed."  I am kind of having mixed emotions about this; I went in after Everly was sound asleep and just watched her...so peaceful, so beautiful, growing so fast.

The very last time Everly was in her crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment