Friday, March 18, 2011

The Facebook statuses that never were

A friend posted this link on Facebook earlier this week:  Less Than Perfect Moms Need to Unite.  Especially for the Facebook Mom crowd, it is worth the read (it is relatively short).

Now, I don't think that I am "that type" of FB poster - the one who gives the illusion of perfection.  But I do tend to be the "don't say anything if you don't have something nice to say" type.  I just don't like to publicly complain.  And to be honest, it kind of annoys me when all people do on Facebook is b*****.  I don't want to be that person any more than the opposite.

As for this blog, well, I have tried to make it clear that my life is anything but perfect, but again, focusing on the positive seems to be a much more worthwhile endeavor than the contrary.  So lest anyone mistakenly gets the wrong impression: there are no unicorns trotting past these windows.  Trust me.

I did not update my status today.  But if I did, here is what it may have said:

5:10 AM:  Ugh.  Is it time to wake up already?!  I feel like I just fell asleep.  Oh, wait.  I did.  It was a sleepless night, with Everly up screaming for much of it for who knows what reason.

6:10 AM:  John and I literally just had to wrestle Ev's clothes on to her.  I guess she didn't want to be awake any more than I.  While we were putting one sock on, she was tearing the other one off.  John held her arms down so that I could brush her hair.  She is a strong little girl!

7:15 AM:  Nice.  They began the dreaded construction on our route to work.  I am currently sitting in a mile of traffic when I should be there.  Crap.

7:16 AM:  Dammit.  I just realized that I forgot my coupons.  So much for the plan of grocery shopping right after school.

2:20 PM:  Having a student teacher is turning out to be a very interesting experience for me.  I will leave it at that.

3:00 PM:  TGIF.  Let's get this weekend started...it is beautiful outside!!

3:25 PM:  It seems as though Everly's day at school was about as good as her night and morning...very uncharacteristic.  I hope she isn't getting sick.

4:10 PM:  Ok, you really know you need a break when you are looking forward to grocery shopping on a 70 degree Friday afternoon in March.

4:15 PM:  Yeah for sunroofs!!  And Mumford and Sons!  And singing really loud in the car!  And being by myself!!!

4:30 PM:  So am I the only one that loves National Frozen Food Month?  Am I weird?

5:15 PM:  I think I just saw Vanilla Ice.  Seriously...people still get that haircut?!!

5:45 PM:  Why do both kids insist on talking at the same time so that I can't give either of them adequate attention?

6:30 PM:  I love my neighbors.

7:50 PM:  Kids in bed.  Time to toss these Pretzel M&Ms back and head downstairs for some P90X.  I am already looking forward to my milkshake disguised as a recovery drink.  Maybe I will throw some M&Ms into the Magic Bullet, too.

10:40 PM:  Time to hit "Publish Post" and head to bed.  I have a 7:45 AM date for a 5 mile run.  What was I thinking?!

No comments:

Post a Comment