Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Saturday Morning Story by Cortlan

Cortlan told me he wanted to tell me a story.  He sat on my lap, and I typed as he talked...

Once upon a time there was a turtle named Noah. And he jumped up onto a jelly jar and swirled his paintbrush around, jumped down off the jelly jar and then he jumped into his swimming pool marker house and he took out one of his markers and hopped onto his jelly jar again.

Me: You know turtles can't jump right? 
Cortlan: Yeah, he actually walked.  He just really wanted to jump.  He's actually a sea turtle and he swam. 
Me:  Ok.  Back to the story. 

He made little dots...blue, green, purple, and pink.  And red.  And then he hopped off his jelly jar.  He actually swam.  He worked his computer and then he swam all the way into the ocean, all the way under the water to get some water and then he went all the way back out of the water and sprayed some water out.  And then he wrote a picture that said, "Happy birthday from turtle.  I wish you love my birthday card and I love you, my other turtle."  He jumped back onto his jelly jar, put his paintbrush away, put his marker away, and went to bed.  The end.

Me: Very nice!  Does the story have a name?
Cortlan: Just call it "Effy."

No comments:

Post a Comment