Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just some random thoughts today...

  • You know it has been a long winter when upon seeing (or wearing) a short sleeve shirt, your daughter says, "Uh oh! No sleeves!"  as if the shirt is broken.
  • Two mornings in a row with no tears (from anyone) before school is amazingly awesome and refreshing. 
  • Running on a stomach full of Chick-fil-a (even if it was the tax day meal promotion) is no fun at all.
  • Kids are just flat out funny sometimes.  On Sunday, we were headed to my mother-in-laws house for some pre-Easter festivities.  Cortlan decided he wanted to dress up like an Easter egg.  So, what did he do?  He put a pair of blue underwear on his head and socks on his hands.  That was his costume.  Seriously. (I don't know how it is when you just read it, but I can tell you it is impossible to not laugh when you see it in person.)
  • I know what I want for my next birthday.  Now, if I can just get the right people to read my mind.
  • Having a classroom with no windows isn't so bad on a rainy spring day.  I can just pretend it is nice outside, and I do.
  • I would love to write a book someday.  I just have no idea what it would be about, or who would buy it.  (Ok, and as an aside, do you want to write a book someday, too?  Because sometimes I think everyone wants to write a book.)
  • I love to hear my kids sing.  Cortlan makes up the most entertaining songs.  The latest one went something like, "He ate something he was allergic to; He kinda threw up; In bed."
  • Everly doesn't make up her own songs, but she does her best to sing to the radio.  When you hear her belt out a couple key words at just the right moment in her cute little 2-year-old accent, you can't help but smile.
  • And speaking of, I love that we have a free trial of Satellite Radio.  When the kids are in the car, you seriously can't beat Channel 116 - Kids Place Live.  Those "free trial" people really know what they are doing.  (I can deal without Absolutely Mindy's "Birthday Missions" though.)
  • What else do I love?  Spring.  I can feel the change come over me as the temperatures go up, the flowers start to bloom, and we can get outside to play.  That's not to mention spring break, Easter egg hunts, hanging out with family and friends, and the fact that summer is just around the corner.  Ahhhhhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment