Monday, April 11, 2011

He Says, No. 5

Some snippets of recent conversations with Cortlan:

Me: So, what did you do in school today?
Cortlan: Well, I only think on Tuesdays, so can I tell you on Tuesday?

CortlanMommy, can you take my plate up [to the dishwasher] 'cause i have to tell Daddy something really, really long.
MeWell, you take your plate into the kitchen and then come back and tell Daddy.
CortlanOhhhhh. Ok. (He reluctantly takes his dish to the dishwasher, and then tells his "long" story.) Daddy, you know Mr. Giraffe doesn't pay to watch television? He just watches it straight away. Oh yes, he does. He doesn't even pay!

(Overheard)
Cortlan: Everly, are you sleeping?
Everly: Yes.
Cortlan: Then why are your eyes open??

CortlanMommy, I am sorry that I got off the porch when you told me not to.
MeThank you for apologizing.  (And then I go on to give him a speech about trust, ending with how important it is that I am able to trust him.) 
Cortlan (proudly remembering a line from a Berenstain Bears book) :  And trust is something that cannot be put back together.
So, so true.

Me  (as I try to fix the parachute on his little figure):  Cortlan, you really did a number on this.
CortlanI did six.

No comments:

Post a Comment