Saturday, April 3, 2010

And things just seem so much better when it is 80 degrees in April

Some observations from the week:

  • Anyone who thinks that what they eat doesn't affect how kids behave should witness the transformation that takes place within minutes of my son having a fun size pack of Skittles.
  • There is something unbelievably cute about a 1 year-old in capris and sandals.
  • I realize that facing adversity and learning to deal with it is part of growing up, and I don't want to be "that" mom, but sometimes after hearing certain stories, it is hard to not go into Cortlan's preschool and kick some three-year-old butt on his behalf.
  • I love my neighborhood and hanging out with my neighbors, but the latest  and best thing - the baby monitor still works in the driveway of our new next door neighbors' house after bedtime.
  • I really do not enjoy having to use my weekends to catch up on all of the housework that cannot get accomplished during the workweek.  I really just want to be able to go places and do things, especially now that the weather is getting so nice.  Thus, I am thisclose to hiring someone to clean for me during the school year.  But I probably won't. 
  • I like the word swagger.  I don't know why.  I just do.  I don't even really know how to use it.  Is it a noun?  A verb?
  • I make it through the first year, and in hindsight, I am kind of able to enjoy babyhood...but things really get fun during the second year.  Now that Everly is starting to communicate a bit more (signing more, all done, eat/hungry, bathtime, and sleepy) and doesn't need to be carried around everywhere, life is getting easier.
  • Sometimes, even though I may just want to go to bed and have to reluctantly drag myself there, a girls' night out is exactly what I need.  Though, having it on a Wednesday night may not be the best plan.
  • Playing Ring Around The Rosie is much more fun with two kids than one.
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Joyce -- you are so good at this! I am totally enjoying all of your writing. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks, Karen!! That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you got a cleaning lady, you would have a lot more swagger in your step!

    ReplyDelete