Thursday, April 15, 2010

My little cartoon character

Cortlan decided yesterday that he wanted to be Caillou.  Everly was Rosie.  I was Caillou's mommy and John was his daddy (a big stretch, I know).  This all made for some interesting conversations and some very confusing moments, as the world of imagination and reality collided.  Fortunately, Caillou likes to eat his vegetables; that came in kind of handy.  At bedtime, when I occasionally make up a story with Cortlan as the main character, the story had to be about Caillou.  We read the Big Brother book that he has, and every time the main character's name was mentioned, I had to change it to Caillou, and the baby's name had to be Rosie.

So I shouldn't have been surprised this morning.  I went in to wake my snoring Cortlan, and as I usually do, I rubbed his back a little while gently saying, "Cortlan, honey, it is time to wake up."  He stirred a bit, and then without so much as opening his eyes, whispered, "Say 'Caillou'."

No comments:

Post a Comment