Monday, January 31, 2011

Let's ride!!

I really thought we were onward to February after the last post, but I can't help myself but to write one more for January.

I can't help myself because yesterday I was in my glory as my dad, my brother, two of my nieces, and all four members of my family loaded our sleds into our cars and headed to the most awesome sled riding hill around...the same exact one that I went sled riding on when I was a child.

It took about an hour to get enough layers on four people for the occasion and to get out the door, but the next hour or so was pure bliss.  I rode with Cortlan on my lap and John with Everly on his for the first trip down the hill.  Then we switched it up.  Seeing his brave five-year-old cousin head down the hill by herself, Cort soon followed suit and made his first solo trip (with me on another sled following close behind).  He was a trooper, climbing back up the substantial hill by himself after every run.  He was loving it all as much as I was and was having a ton of fun. 

Everly's reaction was a bit tougher to gauge.  She resisted a bit to going down the hill, but at the bottom of the hill (with melting snow all over her face), she admitted to having fun when asked.  But when asked if she wanted to do it again, she said, "No.  All non (done)!"  We did get her to go down a few more times, but she was most content sitting and watching, never complaining, as the rest of us (minus one adult who stayed behind with Ev) laughed and hollered as we enjoyed the ride.

The view down the hill from the top.  What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment