Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Deviation

Looking good and dressing well is a necessity.  Having a purpose in life is not. - Oscar Wilde

Not quite how I live my life, in general, but hey - let's roll with it.

I like to be in style.  Or, better put:  I like to be not out of style.  I am not a fashion risk-taker AT all.  I am never the first person, or even the 1001st person to try a new look for the season.  In fact, as brand-spankin'-new-trends go, I usually think they look pretty stupid.  And even more stupid on me.  But after seeing the same style for a year or so (sometimes more), things start to grow on me.  And right around the time when a new style is on the horizon, I, finances considered, generally buy into the oldish one.  More often, my husband buys into them for me.  Yes, my husband.  And I am grateful for this quality in him.  That is, the ability to purchase Christmas and birthday gifts that allow me to stay within a reasonable range of error of the fashion trend line.

This year, I got my first pair of skinny jeans and knee high black boots.

Today, I wore my new boots with some new tights (also purchased by the hubs), a just-longer-than-knee-length skirt, a boat neck shirt, and a fat black belt tying it all together. 

And though I have a feeling that I am going to look back on this little mental image later in life and laugh, and my kids reading this in the future are definitely going to laugh (a lot), I feel like I look pretty good.  And there is something to be said for that.

So here's to you, Oscar Wilde!

No comments:

Post a Comment