Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The weekend recap

This past weekend began with a trip to the store to buy a present for a classmate of Cortlan's.  We picked out the gift and went home to have a nice snack, as the party didn't start until 6:00 and we are all used to eating by then.  We wrapped the gift, made and decorated cards, and were just about to get coats on when I grabbed the invite so that I could complete the included waiver.  I figured I would get it done ahead of time, so that I wouldn't have to deal with it when we got to the party.  Well, as it turns out, I was way ahead of the game, for as I completed the waiver, I realized that February 3rd was not the date of the party, but rather the RSVP date.  Oops.  At least the present is bought and wrapped and we didn't have anything on the schedule for next Friday.

After a nice 8 mile run Saturday morning, we all went to the outlet mall on a hunt for four pairs of new shoes.  It is nice to have two walking kids and no strollers, and also kind of entertaining.  As Everly and I walked down the sidewalk at one point, her legs began to seemingly go everywhere at once.  I looked at her quizzically and she responded by saying, matter-of-factly, "I turned on my crazy legs.  I have a button right here."  She pointed to her hip, as though everyone has a crazy legs button.  So, I turned my crazy legs on, too, and we crazy-legged it down the sidewalk.  After a little while, I had to ask if there was an off button, and fortunately, there was.

I wish I had many exciting stories to tell and pictures to share, but this was one of those weekends that just went by all too quickly without much to show for it.  I cooked and cleaned and did more cooking and more cleaning, and somehow I still don't have a clean house and the food is just about all gone.  I cut Cortlan's and John's hair.  I taught Cortlan how to play Mancala.  (He caught on surprisingly quickly.)  I read many stories to the kids.  I watched some of the Superbowl while grading papers.  I laughed out loud at the M&Ms commercial.

Yep, just another weekend. 
I could sure use a snow day and a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment