Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On the plus side

I have had an emotional and pretty crappy few days.  But if I look closely, it wasn't all bad...
  • After spending 29 hours in the high school auditorium chaperoning/sponsoring the Actors' Society's 29 Hour Show, I am happy to say that our organization raised $1000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
  • John brought the kids to visit for a while during my time at the school.  We played a fun game of hide and seek in the auditorium, and when on a quick trip to print scripts in my room, they drew me a picture that was the highlight of my Monday morning, when I found it was still there.
To the left, a house in outer space...see the helmets on the people?  the stars?  To the right, Everly's rendition of a waterfall.
  • Despite the time consumed by the function, I managed to get my miles in over the weekend, put together a GeoTrax train track with the kids that took over the entire living room floor, and most of the laundry and grocery shopping still got done.
  • I didn't get my six miles in on Monday, but at least I got four.
  • For the first time in months, I had some time to think.  Granted, in that time of thinking and self-reflection, I realized some things about myself that I don't like so much, but at least I got to think and figure some things out, and now I know what I need to work on.
  • I remembered that my happiness doesn't come from anywhere but within me and that I can't expect others to make me happy.  But chasing the kids on their bikes on a sixty degree January day certainly does make it a bit easier to find that happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment