Thursday, February 16, 2012

If I were you

So we were standing at the bagging area of the grocery store the other day and Cortlan said to me, "If I were you, I would arrange the refrigerator by food groups."

"If you were me, huh?"

"Yes, I would arrange all the food by food groups."

The checkout lady chuckled.

"If you notice," I said, "it kind of is arranged by food groups.  The vegetables are in the drawers on the bottom, the cheese is in the drawer on the top, the meat is usually on the bottom shelf..."

And do you know what he said?  "Yes, but if I were you, I would do a better job."

Have at it, my son.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am impressed by any 5 year old that uses correct subjunctive grammar.

    Emma thinks she knows more than all of us too. I love explaining myself to a 5 year old...

    ReplyDelete