Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day for the sentiment.  I don't love Valentine's Day in the way that it seems like a fabricated holiday that basically seems like a marketing ploy to get us to spend money.  I have said it before: I am not good at giving gifts.  I absolutely loved (and was completely surprised by) the roses and chocolate that John brought to my classroom.  But I hope I am not considered a bad mom or wife because I didn't buy any Valentine's gifts this year.  In fact, my entire VDay shopping consisted of a bag of Hershey Kisses, two cards (one for John from me, and one for John from the kids), and Valentine's Cards for the kids to pass out at school.  Instead, I tried to do special things to celebrate, like making our second annual Valentine's Day breakfast on Sunday, which consisted of pink, heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream:

So excited!

I think he liked them!
And making brownies with the kids, which we cut out with heart -shaped cookie cutters for their teachers.  And on Tuesday, a special dinner of heart-shaped italian four-cheese raviolis with a homemade pink alfredo and shrimp sauce.

Don't be too impressed - it took less than 10 minutes to make this meal once the water was boiling.  It does look pretty, though, doesn't it?

For dessert?  A Hershey Kiss...and lots of love.  But I hope that my family feels that all year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment