Monday, February 22, 2010

Sucking on lollipops

It wasn't that long ago that a friend of mine wrote as her Facebook status, "Life sucks."

I really took pause at that statement, as I have said, thought, and/or wrote it myself more times than I can count. But that day, for some reason, I thought about it differently. I know my friend's life doesn't suck. And I am pretty sure she knows it, too. But every now and then we just need to say it, and then we need to be reminded that it isn't life that sucks, but rather, moments suck.

Trust me. I am not all sunshine and lollipops. I do my fair share of complaining and being irritated. For example: I hate packing lunches. Hate hate hate. It makes me miserable for those minutes of my evening. And some days, I despise cleaning the kitchen even more than I hate packing lunches. I have moments in my day and in my life that I would rather delete permanently, as we all do. But, (and it has taken me 32 years to get to the point that I can say this with confidence) though moments within it certainly may, life does not suck.

Thanks, friend, for reminding me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment