Friday, August 3, 2012

Story Time

I asked Everly if she would like to tell me a story about vacation.  She said no.  She wanted to tell me a story about a panda.  Here it is, followed by the rest of the conversation that ensued (I typed while we talked):

Everly: A panda came to life then played with his bea(r) friends.  Then the beas went to his house.  Then, um, the beas eat with him.  Then the bea went to somebody's house then that bea comed too!  Then they have a seepova!!  Then they, um, I forget the rest of my gory (story). 
(pause)
Then, they all lived together!!  They all live together now.  They all live together now.

THEN, um, their mom came.  Then they went to a gore (store)!

(To me): Did you already get they went to some body's house?

Me: Yes. I got that.

Everly: Then they, they, they went to anotha house.  They went to anotha house, mommy.  They just went to anotha house.

Me: Ok...

Everly: Then, they went to sim (swim) at somebody's house.  Then they said, "What's your name?  Your puppy's name and your name and your baby's name?"  My baby's name is Rea. 

Then, her name was, um...

Cortlan (chiming in): Julia.

Everly: Julia.  Then the puppy's name was...

Cortlan: Indigo.

Everly: Indigo. 

The end!  That's all my gory!  Isn't that a long gory?  It's done!!

Me: Nice! Now, can you tell me something about vacation that you remember?

Everly: Um. I don't know.

Me: What did you do?

Everly: Kickin board!!

Me: And?

Everly: Swimming! And watching a movie!

Me: What was your favorite part? 

Everly: Watching a movie! 

Me: Seriously?  That was your favorite part? We watched a movie the last thing while the cars were being backed to go home.  And that was your favorite part?

Everly: (reconsidering) No. Getting glow sticks.

Me:  That happened at the very end, too.  What about the rest of the week? 

Everly: I liked swimming.

Me: Do want to tell a story about when you were swimming?

Everly: No.

Me: Do you want to tell me about the turtle hospital?

Cortlan (chiming in, again): That was my favorite part.

Everly (very much wanting to be liker her brother): Mine, too!

Cortlan: Some of the turtles names: Boater.  He got hit by a boat. Uhhh...What are the rest of their names?

Me: I think there was Lolly, right?

Cortlan: Yeah.  I don't know a lot about him.  Or is that a girl?  Is that the blind one?

Me: No, I think Lolly is the girl, and not the blind one.  What else? 

Cortlan: The blind one.

Me: What about the blind one? 

Cortlan: The blind one is blind.  What's his name? 

Me: I don't remember. 

Cortlan: Then, well.  One of the turtles got hit by the boat's propeller.  One of the turtles was blind.  One lost one flipper.

Me: Ok.  Anything else?

Cortlan: Can I tell a story?

Me: Sure.

Cortlan: Once upon a time, there was a turtle. He had a huge family and....(giggling, because he is about to say the same thing that Everly did when telling her story) I forget the rest of my story. And. And. And. And they all went home. And then they went to a motorcycle shop and then they all went to their grandma's house and then they saw the new pool.  (very much wanting the same attention as his sister) Did you get that mommy?

Me:  I got it.

Cortlan: Can you type that part?

Me:  I did.

Cortlan : And then they flew up on a magic carpet all the way up to the sky. Then they saw a magic genie lamp and they picked it up and flew all the way back down. Then they shaked the lamp and then a huge genie came out. And then on the magic carpet, they said "Fly, magic carpet, fly!" and that's how they got back home. They said all of their names and they said, "Star light. Is it bright? I wish that I had a fairy tonight." The end.

Gotta love story time with a three and five year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment