Sunday, December 18, 2011

My wish list

As Christmas approaches, I decided that I am going to start a wish list.  Unlike other posts, I am going to post this unfinished, and continue to add to it as my wishes pop into my head.

With Christmas comes holiday entertaining at our house.  In fact, more people probably see the inside of my house in December and January (for Cortlan's birthday) than any other month of the year.  With that comes my first wish:

1.  That no one will give me a reason to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the bathroom floors before next Saturday, as I just finished doing that very chore in three bathrooms.  (Read: Cortlan, the pee goes in the pot.  Please.)

2.  That I will be able to create a complete grocery list and will not have to send John out for that "one thing" that I forgot to get.  And then send him out again for that "one other thing" that I didn't include the first two times.

3.  That no one else will surprise me with a gift that far outdoes anything that I have done for (or given to) him or her.  While I do enjoy giving gifts,  it can be pretty stressful for me at times.  Trust me, the thought is there...I am just not the best at the execution.

4.  That the turkey will be thawed this year when I go to put it in the oven, unlike last year.

5.  That I will someday see the end of my to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...your wish list seems a lot more Christmas Spirit-y than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? No pee on the floor? I didn't even allude to world peace! And I figure people might get a little irritated if I start listing things I want now, since there is little to no time left for them to shop. Though, no shopping is necessary for someone to burn me a new running playlist from music he or she already has... :)

    ReplyDelete