Monday, October 18, 2010

Looking forward

I walked up to the front of the school for play rehearsal Saturday to find a few of the girls already waiting.  The school was locked; I proceded to call someone to open it for us.  In the meantime, I realized that I had approached mid-conversation, and nearly mid-breakdown.  My mom has made me cry nearly every day this week.  I just can't imagine there is anyone a bigger bitch than she is.  (Followed by a quick apology to me, I am assuming for the curse word.)  My lighthearted response:  That's ok.  But maybe you can tell me what she did, so I can make sure that I don't do the same to my daughter.

Which got me thinking:  It is hard to be a teenage girl.  And it is going to be damn hard to be a mom to a teenage girl.

2 comments:

  1. HA!! and i am going to have 2 of them.....Oh My!!! I have a feeling life will be more than interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. For some reason, raising teenage boys don't concern me as much. I guess we can only hope we can empower our kids to make good decisions and that they realize how much we love them...

    ReplyDelete