Monday, September 20, 2010

Let's give it a go

So, I am working on day five without running.  In fact, this past weekend marked the first weekend since May that I didn't run at all.  I am not happy about this.  And I am willing to admit that this may be a large factor in my stress and mood these days.  With a hip injured about a week and a half ago, and the race I have been training for coming up on Sunday, I have been battling the decision to run versus not run.

Run:  Maybe it needs to be worked out.  I don't want to lose all of the fitness and results of the training I have been doing.  I was in prime shape to meet my goal.  Until the hip.  I need to run.

Don't run:  Maybe a few days of rest is all it needs and then it will be back good as new.  Maybe if I don't take off a few days, it will get worse and lessen my chances of being able to run the race.  Maybe after months of training, a few days off won't affect my performace.

It comes down to this:  I didn't run.  I don't really feel a whole lot better, but certainly no worse.  Physically, that is.  I am moody and disappointed.  I am going to try tonight to go a few miles.  I am going to ice it and take ibuprophen and stretch like nobody's business.  And then if it isn't feeling better, I will take a few more days off.  But unless it feels worse after tonight, I will be crossing that finish line come Sunday...one way or another. 

And THEN, if it still feels bad, I will go to the doctor. 

PS:  Don't worry.  I will be fine.  I won't do anything stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment