Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Not my favorite moments

Ok, contrary to my typical posts, but still in the "This is Life" spirit, here are some things that pretty much suck:

  • Finding a Redbox movie under my husband's hat days after I thought it had been returned.  Ugh.  At least I randomly came across it today and not a week from today (or more).
  • Knowing how well my kids can behave, yet watching as they act completely and uncharacteristically inappropriate and without manners in front of friends, leaving said friends with that impression.
  • Promising Cortlan that I will make cookies with him and then realizing that I have no butter.
  • Hearing Everly wake a mere hour after being put down for a nap, knowing that she could really use about four hours of sleep.
  • Buying something at the store that I need a jackhammer to open (thus, no salvaging the packaging) only to find that said item will not work for what I need it for.
  • Getting all mentally ready to do some serious training for a 10K only to have no way to do it one week later.  Pretty hard to find a babysitter for 6 AM before the kids wake, and nearly as hard to run in 95 degree humid heat in the noon day sun when I can get a babysitter.  How do single moms do it??  Tomorrow, I will try to find a sitter for after bedtime.
All that aside, it was still a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment