Friday, May 31, 2013

Tomorrow is a new day.

  • It is nice to have someone in your life that truly knows you.  It is even better when that person is your husband.  (I love you, John.)
  • These days, I am a little sad about time passing and my kids growing up.  I miss looking at them in the back seat holding hands instead of grabbing things from each other and bickering.  I knew that those days were going to be short lived...I just was wishing we could beat the odds.
  • Some teachers say that their favorite days of the school year are the first and last...as a person bad with change, those happen to be my least favorites. 
  • Parenting challenges of the past seem so easy now.  I remember the stress of trying to figure out how to get my babies to sleep through the night, and what to feed them, and potty training...and I wish I could go back to those issues.  Things seem so much harder now.  But maybe that is simply because I lived through those problems already and came out on the other side.  If I could do it once, I could (probably) do it again.  But now I am in uncharted territory, and I am not enjoying it.
  • I am looking forward to having coffee on my deck on a weekday at 6am.  I think I may get up early on my first day of summer break just so I can enjoy that peace and the knowledge that the whole summer is ahead of me.  
  • Some days are tough.  Sometimes things snowball.  Sometimes things throw me for a loop, completely out of the blue and I don't know how to react or respond without making things worse.  Fortunately, those days are few.  And fortunately, I have people to lean on when those days come around every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joyce you will , as you say, come out on the other side of these new challenges with so much more knowledge and wisdom and ability to help not only yourself but others too.
    Aunt Jozia

    ReplyDelete