Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend recap

Friday was the last day of school for the kids, but the first day that John and I had off for the summer.  We took full advantage and had a great day together...we needed that.

Saturday was full of fun.  The group that I co-sponsor at school had raised money for Alex's Lemonade Stand (to help fight childhood cancer) in the spring.  Our local Alex's hosted a great event full of fun for the whole family, at which the president of the Actors' Society accepted a very nice award for our fundraising.  I had to be there for that, so why not bring the whole family?  Pizza and rides, face paint and Storm Troopers.  And raising funds for a wonderful cause.  What more can you ask for?






We ended Saturday with a family birthday party, also full of fun.  The kids donned their swimsuits and got to go down a huge inflatable slide that was made into a water slide.  They jumped on the trampoline.  They got balloon animals made for them.

Sunday wasn't quite as much fun...I shrunk two of my favorite shirts because I forgot to lay them to dry and instead tossed them in the dryer.  I butchered my bangs.  (It was bound to happen at some point, but did it really have to happen just before I need to get my driver's licence taken?  Guess I will eek that one out til the end, hoping that the bangs will grow back quickly.)  I realized that my kids aren't big fans of yard work, which is going to be a problem, because they will be helping around here.  And they did, after a while and much frustration.

But Sunday ended on a high note...a nice dinner on the deck, a bike ride around the neighborhood.  Smiles and laughter as Everly told us we can call her "Miss Beautiful."

And today is our family's official start of summer.  And I am ready to squeeze everything I can out of it...

Let's go summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment