Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oh, what they say

If you read the post about Daddy-Daughter Date Night, you got to read the sweet quote from Everly about her feeling as though she was full of flowers.  This is a small continuation of that story, which happened later that night:

Me (to the kids): Time to brush your teeth!
Everly:  And get a shower!
Me:  No, you had a bath this morning.  You don't need a shower right now.
Everly: Yes I do! My hair is dinky!
Me:  Your hair is not stinky!
Cortlan (deciding to chime in, sarcastically):  Yeah - I thought you were full of flowers!

And another unrelated gem:

As we gathered our stuff to go swimming at my parent's house, I told the kids to grab their underwear, as they had their bathing suits on under their clothes.

Everly: You need to get your underwear, too!
Me (showing her what was in my hand): I have my underwear right here.
Everly (seeing only part of what was in my hand):  That isn't your underwear!  Those are for your bombs!
Me (laughing): My "bombs"?
Everly (pointing): Yeah!
Me: It is called a bra, Everly, which is considered part of my underwear.  And those are not bombs.
John: Yeah, they are boobs!
Cortlan: Hahahahahaha!!!

Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment