Monday, March 5, 2012

It was just an accident

Sometimes, I wonder if there is something to that whole "knock on wood" thing.  Because I didn't knock on wood after my update post recently.  And this is what happened today:

When we got home from school and the kids were hanging up their coats, I let the dog out and then went to get changed out of my work clothes.  As I was in the process, I heard screaming, "I peed in my pants!  I PEEEEEEED IN MY PAAAAAANNNNTTTTSSSS!!!"  I worked to quickly finish getting changed as the yells turned into sobs.  "Everly, calm down!  I will be there in a minute...just don't move." 

"I PEEEED IN MY PA-AA-AA-AANTS!"

This was completely unexpected and strange.  Usually, we have quite a while after getting home before we need to make a trip to the bathroom.  I was calm and didn't get upset with her; she was mad enough at herself.  She continued to cry, and as upsetting as the whole situation was, it was hard to hold back a chuckle at times...like after I got her wet clothes off of her and put her in the shower (with her dramatically sobbing the entire time) when she loudly cried through tears, "BUUUMMMAA!"

"What?"

"BUMMMMAAA!"

"Bummer?"

"YEAAAHH!"

"Yes, it is a bummer.  Let's just get you cleaned up." 

Oh, Everly...

No comments:

Post a Comment