Sunday, August 7, 2011

Some recent favorites

My favorites over the last two weeks:
  • Visiting with friends, some of which I haven't seen in years, most of which live two or more hours from me, all of which I love to pieces and wish I could see more often.
  • Cuddling my friend's twins that are seven weeks old and still smaller than my babies ever were.
  • Hearing the news that another friend just had her baby after a long pregnancy through what surely seemed to her like the hottest summer on record, and that they are all doing well.  (Welcome to the world, baby boy!)
  • Going on nature walks with John and the kids and Elly, our boxer.
  • Managing to run 32 miles in one week and reaching a new milestone of 10 miles.
  • Eating cherry tomatoes right off the plant.
  • Watching Cortlan smile ear to ear at gymnastics, which he just started, which he loves more that I have ever seen him love anything he has ever done.
  • Attempting to make ice cream with my kids and nieces. 
  • Relaxing on the couch, in the air conditioning, watching movies with John while the kids sleep peacefully.
  • Swimming.
  • Reading.
  • Thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment