Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our vacation (according to Cortlan, kind of)

Last year after vacation, I sat down with Cortlan and he wrote a cute story about our trip.  Well, it was kind of about our trip.  I thought that this year, I might try the same thing.  Needless to say, it didn't go quite as well.  But this is what Cort did have to say (in the short time that I could hold his attention) about our vacation to Emerald Isle, NC last week. (I am thinking that next time I should have him write the story much sooner after vacation.  Perhaps he will remember a bit more.):

Can we write a story about our vacation?  Lets start, "Last week, we went to the beach and..."

I played in the sand and digged and digged and digged a big hole with Wesley!  And I liked when I digged and digged a big hole with Wesley. 

Cool.  What else?  I surfboarded every day.  (Pause.) I didn't really surfboard everyday.  I was just kidding.  Good thing you wrote it down.

I don't really remember a lot more.

That's all that you remember??  I really liked the kites that I was flying. Can you tell me more about that?  No, I really don't remember anymore.

Do you remember being a pirate?  Yes.  Tell me about you being a pirate.  I had to find treasure chests and I don't remember what else I had to find.  I don't think there was anything else.  Uh huh!  I saw fishies and the fishies hiding treasure.  And I was a seahorse.  I was floating underwater. Haha that's funny.  Mommy, when I said I was a seahorse floating underwater, I wasn't really one. 

That's all I want to say.

And that is where it ended.  So much for that idea.  Maybe I will try again sometime, but for now, this will do as Cortlan's version of vacation.  I wonder what Everly would have to add...

No comments:

Post a Comment