Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Almost there...

I have one and a half more days of school, and then home free for a much needed summer break. What am I looking forward to?

  • Spending time with my family, first and foremost.  I know there are some people who panic a little at the thought of having to fill the summer days and spend so much time with their kids, but not me.  I can't wait.  Sure, there will be tantrums, and moments that I would rather forget, but I know there will be many more good moments than bad.  And I can't wait to be a full time parent again.
  • Coming a close second to spending time with my family:  having coffee on my deck at 6:30 AM before the kids are awake, enjoying the peace, with the sunshine coming through the tree branches and the early morning mist.  And then, when my coffee is done, going for a run.
  • Not having to wake the kids up and get out of the house by 6:35, which never ceases to involve a little bit of stress.
  • Being able to get things accomplished that only get done once a year, like washing my windows.
  • Being able to grocery shop on a weekday morning or early afternoon.
  • Unplugging a little bit, and spending far less time on the computer than I currently do.
  • Hanging out with my friends, including my teacher friends who will also have the summer free, my neighbors, and two of my out-of-state bff's, one of whom I haven't seen in way too long.
  • Spending time in and around swimming pools.
  • Going to Sesame Place, which, thus far is being held as a surprise for the kids, who are at the perfect ages: 2 and 4.  I fear that next year, Cortlan might be a little too cool for Elmo.  Last year, Everly was too young to really appreciate the experience.  I can't wait to see their faces when they see that we get to have lunch with Big Bird.
  • Flexibility in our days and being able to do things and go places on a whim.
  • And last, but not least:  The Beach. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment