Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Here and now

Somedays, I have so many things to think about and say that I don't know were to begin, so here is just a random splattering of just a few of the things on my mind at the moment...

  • I loved playing Barber with Cortlan today.  He put a cape on me, pretended to blow dry my hair, brush it, and trim it (with eyelash curlers as the chosen appliance), and then did some crazy pretend thing with tweezers, and some other crazy pretend thing with an unopened container of cuticle cream involving my face.  (Maybe that was my makeup?)  He was a very quiet barber - serious and down to business.  When he was done with me, he gave me a pretend lollipop.  I went to eat it, and was quickly given the reminder, "Mommy, you have to take off the wrapper."  When it was my turn to be the barber, he sat very still and squinted his eyes, just like he does when it's the real deal.  I went to blow dry his hair, and made some great sound effects as I was doing so.  The response: "You usually turn it on first."  Oh yeah.  Duh.
  • I am finding that I am putting music on all the time in the house now, for several reasons.  First, I just got a new iPod Touch, and the novelty hasn't worn off yet.  I can hook it up to speakers in my kitchen and use the Pandora app to stream a random collection of any kind of music from my "Itsy Bitsy Spider" station, to my "Breakeven" station, without having to listen to The Little People sing "The Wheels on the Bus" for the four-thousand and fifty-first time.  And we just went to the library yesterday and got a nice random collection of new stuff to listen to, too.  But, the number one reason that I am playing more music lately is because everytime I do, I get to see Everly dance her little heart out.  I love that.
  • I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I don't know how people who don't exercise maintain their sanity.  Honestly.  I mean, I sometimes cannot figure out how the heck to fit it into my schedule, but sometimes I can't figure out how to fit eating and sleeping into my schedule, either.  I certainly feel like crap without eating and sleeping.  Likewise without exercising.  I know that it sometimes seems like the most unappealing thing in the world, especially when I am tired, overworked, and stressed.  But seriously, how do people live happy lives without the endorphins that can only come from good old-fashioned exercise?  Those feel good chemicals are just the thing that gets me through those tired, overworked, and stressed moments. Good for those people who have figured out another way, but man...I can't seem to.
  • Reason #52 that I love my new iPod: I found out today that there is wi-fi in Giant Eagle.  Certainly made the checkout line go much faster than normal. 
  • Even in the summer, there tends to just not be enough time in the day to get everything done.  But wow, what would I do without summer?  How would I ever organize my photos or read a book or clean my windows or wash and iron my curtains without summer?  Or play Barber before lunch?
  • I can't believe that it is almost July already. 
  • I should probably send a reminder to myself to read this when I am feeling more tired, overworked, and stressed than I do at the current moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment