Friday, June 4, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Ok, so I know I have said this before, but I am not good at dealing with change.

And you would think that being able to recognize your weaknesses would be a good thing.

But, I have recently realized that, as if the "not good at dealing with change" component of my personality isn't bad enough, knowing about this fault can be downright crippling.

Because now, when I am faced with change, I have a whole new set of questions and feelings and confusions.  Because now, when I feel that familiar unsettled feeling, I am forced to wonder:  is it because I am just uncomfortable with change?  Or is it that this particular change is a bad one and I should feel uncomfortable?

I am dealing with this in a very overt way as we make decisions regarding childcare.  Am I just afraid to make a change?  Or am I uncertain/scared/uncomfortable because it would be a bad move?  Ugh.  The chess game of life. 

So, anyway, while I am struggling with what seems at this moment to be a very important decision regarding change, I decided to improve on my weakness by making a less important change...the design of my blog.  At least this one can be reversed with a click of a button if I decide it was the wrong decision, or if the feedback is negative.  Please let me know what you think.  About all of this.

C'mon.  It has been a long time since I have had a comment.  :)

4 comments:

  1. First, I like the new background of your blog. Second, childcare is never an easy choice, whether you are good with change or not. Putting your child in someone else's hands is a big decision and one not to be taken lightly.
    I think that acknowledging we have a difficulty with something is often very rewarding and confusing at the same time. I believe turning to those most important to you, your husband, even Cortland (your daughter is too little), your family, and your faith are the best ways to come to the best conclusion. Cortland may have the necessary answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design; it is totally you. The only way I'd like it better is if you drew it yourself and found some way to upload it here. As for changing child care, you will make the best decision for your family; it may take time; it may be frustrating. I will say that I find young children to be so resilient to changes. I am always amazed at how easily they move for one situation to the next-my class never bat an eye at my return to the classroom or the prior teacher's exit. The children who move into a new school who flow easily into my room without a second thought. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new design! Great change!

    Everyone seems to react to change differently. Remember that book that was so popular a number of years ago--"Who Moved My Cheese?"--it was all about change and how we deal with it. Maybe it would help?

    I actually kind of like change. I think it's exciting because it's all about new posibilities. It's kind of a "rose colored glasses" way of looking at things, but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, guys! Glad you like the new background...it took me a long time to actually pick one and change it. Believe it or not, I am actually getting a lot better. And in my head, I know that change is exciting and great and opens up a whole new world of possibilities. So logically, I am totally ok with it. I just have a very physical and emotional reaction to it that is somewhat out of my control, or so it seems. I am working on it. I appreciate your insight on the childcare decision, too. I needed that! :)

    ReplyDelete