Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was fantastic.

I got to sleep in.  And then when I was laying there about to get up, Everly popped into my room, as excited as could be, saying, "Don't get out of bed!  Don't get out of bed!  We want to bring you breakfast!"

So they did.


And then they left me to eat my pancakes by myself in my bed.  Which was a little weird, I have to admit... Never having had breakfast in bed before, and having no TV in my room, and eating pancakes by myself, that is.  But it was super sweet, and the pancakes were great.

Once I was done, I headed to the kitchen where a beautiful planter with flowers for outside was sitting.  And cards, one of which was from Cortlan and contained clues for a scavenger hunt:


I loved searching for the clues and the treasure of artwork that I found at the end:
I had been wondering what they were going to do with the tracings of my hands that they asked for...

I think that Everly was motivated to make this after seeing what Cortlan had brought home for me.  She did it with absolutely no assistance.



I opened another gift - some candles and a couple of things for the kitchen, and then headed out with a friend for a run.  It was a beautiful morning.

And a beautiful day for a picnic and a hike at my favorite place:






And then an impromptu get together with our moms at our house:



It was a perfect day with a perfect combination of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment