Friday, May 30, 2014

Love Muffin


I saw this in Everly's journal yesterday at her school and I laughed and laughed.  "I love my daddy.  Mommy calls him Love Muffin."  There is a story here, and that I call him "Love Muffin" isn't quite true.

In our new car, my phone can connect via Bluetooth and I am able to call people using voice prompts.  We know a lot of people named John, so any time that I call my husband, I had to go through several prompts to get to his number.  Initially, I thought, "I need to put his last name into my phone so I can get to his name on the first try."  But, while Everly was in the car, I said, "I need to put Daddy's name in as something other than John."  Then, to be funny, I said, "How about 'Love Muffin'?"  I had never, ever called him that, but she thought it was hysterical.  Frankly, I did, too.  So, as soon as I got to a red light on that very ride to school, I changed his name in my phone to "Love Muffin".  Then, I called him.

Call Love Muffin, I prompted.

The phone replied in an electronic woman's voice:  Calling Love Muffin.

We laughed and laughed.

John answered, "Hello?"

Everly said over the speaker phone, "Hi LOVE MUFFIN!!  Hahahahahahaha!!!!"

And so the journal entry, which I am sure her teachers enjoyed.  (I had to fill them in on the back story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment