Thursday, April 24, 2014

Take Your Child to Work Day

I was hesitant about having both of my kids at work with my husband and I today, but we did bring them.  Since we work in a high school, there are plenty of learning opportunities and since my husband has a little more flexibility than I do with his schedule, he was able to take them to observe some pretty cool things - during period 4, they went to a foods class and made energy bites.  Later, they got to throw pots in a pottery class.  They got to "help" some teenagers dissect a frog.  I am sure they will have some great stories to tell their teachers on their return to their own schools tomorrow.

They started off their day with me, though, and they sat through a double period physics class.  We were learning about sound and I showed some cool demos and video clips, the students (and my kids) did an activity with tuning forks, and we talked about a lot of neat things that I thought they could catch onto since it was an intro lesson on the topic.  At lunch I asked Everly (who is now 5) if she learned anything in my class. Her response? "I learned that you are smarter than I thought!" 

I am not quite sure how to take that, but I think I will go with taking it as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment