Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mr. Yucky

Every day for the past week, she asked me if they came. She is persistent. She has a good memory. And she doesn't let things go easily. Yesterday, when I went to the mailbox, she said, "Mommy, make sure you let me know if the Mr. Yucky stickers came, ok?!" Even I was excited (relieved?) when I saw the self-addressed envelope had returned to us, full of "Mr. Yucky" stickers.

This all began a couple of weeks ago, when Everly learned about safety at school; part of the lesson concerned safety at home and in dealing with household chemicals. Clearly, the discussion involved Mr. Yuck stickers, as Everly was suddenly determined that we needed to have some, and she clearly conveyed that on the way home from school. I told her that I would look into it, and I came to find that you can send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to an address at Penn State and they would send some to you for free. For days, Everly asked if I had done so. And then, for days after I did, she asked if the stickers had come yet. I explained to her the process of how the mail works and the likelihood that it would be a while before we got them. That gave me a day or two reprieve.

When she saw they came, she was thrilled. She no sooner got her coat off before she was at work.

We are all feeling much safer now.


No comments:

Post a Comment