Friday, January 18, 2013

Yeah, Cort, were you?

As we were leaving the kids' school today, Cortlan says, "Well, I am surprised.  Miss Michelle said she was going to tell you about me being bad, but she didn't!" 

Who needs Miss Michelle to tell us, apparently. 

"I really wasn't bad though.  It wasn't me."

Of course it wasn't.

"I got yelled at, but it wasn't really me.  Miss Michelle said I was being bad, but I wasn't!"  Cortlan continued on, telling us about his friends who were misbehaving, and the part he played in the whole thing, as we got into the car.

Meanwhile, we tried to get the real story out of him, even if from between the lines.  "Miss Michelle said you were being bad?  Really?  Is that what she said or did she say you weren't being a good listener?  Or did she say that you were being a little too crazy?" I asked, trying to figure out exactly what "being bad" meant.

But it was Everly who really knew how to get to the bottom of it.

As we pulled out of the parking lot, deeply involved in this conversation, she bluntly and very seriously asked, "Were you just jacking around?"

Hard to recover from that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment