Friday, April 13, 2012

A special visit

If there were more hours in the day, I would find something to do with them.  And then I would want more hours in the day. 

Thinking back on it, it is amazing how much we were able to cram into our four days last weekend.  I want to record it all, but I am finding myself without the time to do it all justice.  I certainly am not able do this post justice in the five minutes that I have before going to pick the kids up from school, but I am going to post it anyway, for fear that it won't happen at all.

I wish that we were able to visit my Grandma more often than we do (I am making a resolution to try), but I was thrilled at how excited my kids were at the mere mention of visiting Great Grandma on our last day of break.  I was a bit sad we didn't get to go over on Easter, but there is a limit to what we can do in a day, so a surprise visit on Monday would have to do.

We got there and the kids entered the house shyly, but all it took was an offer of a cookie, and they quickly began to warm up. 

"Great Grandma?  Do you still have that toy box?" asked Cortlan after we had been there about ten minutes.

"Oh! I sure do!" was the reply.

We all made our way to the livingroom.  Grandma brought out a big cardboard box from the cupbord that houses detergent bottle lids, blocks, empty spools of thread, old Matchbox cars, some train tracks that my PapPap made, some stacking toys, and other miscellaneous trinkets.  Then my 91-year-old grandma got down on the floor and started playing with my kids.



I honestly don't know who enjoyed the visit more - me, the kids or my Grandma. 
But I do know that we are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment