Friday, January 13, 2012

My favorite Everly quotes of the week

"Dat was a cose one!" 
     -Said many times in various situations such as almost falling off the step stool, almost spilling her water, and almost dropping her toy.

"I shaved its yife!"
     -Surprisingly, also said several times this week.  I am having a hard time remembering exactly whose life she saved, but I think one of the lives may have been Dora's, as we finally cleaned her tank.

"Dude" and "Bud"
    -What she calls her brother, at the funniest moments, such as when Cortlan was complaining about not liking his medicine, which had been flavored at the pharmacy and she said, "It's strawberry, Dude!"


"I toughen up."
     -After being told countless times to "toughen up buttercup," she may finally be getting the hint.  Looking at me and saying, "I ok; I toughen up" was her reaction when she stumbled off of her step stool this evening - much better than the wail for a boo boo buddy for a boo boo that doesn't really exist.  I think Ev and I may have some issues if she is as high maintenance as she has shown us she is capable of being, so this is a step in the right direction.  What might not be good is her telling her brother to "toughen up, buttercup."  That didn't go over so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment