Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It is hard to sit down to the computer on Thanksgiving Day and for even a second think that my words could ever do justice in explaining all that for which I am thankful.  True thankfulness is an emotion that is hard to describe, almost as much as true love is.  But you know it when you feel that appreciation, that swelling inside of happiness and that feeling of peace, that knowledge that life is so good.  It wraps you up like a warm blanket on a cold day, and it fills you up like no food ever could.  And to try to list what makes me thankful seems overwhelming, like counting to infinity, because I look around and I am thankful for it all. I look inside, and I am thankful for it all.  I look back, and I am thankful for it all. I look forward, and I am thankful for it all.  I am full; I am warm; I have peace; I have love.  I give thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment