Sunday, November 27, 2011

A fun Saturday, Part 1

I was looking for something to do with the kids yesterday, and ended up at a paint your own pottery studio to paint some Christmas ornaments.  This was the first time that Everly had done anything like this.  For Cortlan, it has been years, and he likely has no memory of it except for the picture that we had in a frame for a while.  The kids were very well behaved, but there is no doubt that we entertained the other patrons who couldn't help but overhear our conversations.  In the end, the kids painted their ornaments exactly as they saw fit, so we will surely have an interesting looking candy cane, snowman, and gingerbread man, as well as a circular ornament.  And I am pretty sure that Everly may hold the record for the most paintbrushes used for only four colors.




1 comment:

  1. I found that when we go I have to paint my own project so that I don't micromanage my kids' painting...they are always one of the best ornaments to put on the tree.

    ReplyDelete