Monday, October 3, 2011

A rainy fall weekend

Despite the rain that hasn't stopped since about 8 AM Saturday morning and the temps that dropped a little too low for my tastes, the weekend was a pretty good one.  At least on a working mom scale.  The highlights:
  • Pizza, wine, cookie cake, and chips with the neighbors.  Gotta love Friday night health food and great friends.
  • My first October run that I can ever remember.  The best part?  I got my 6.5 miles in just before the rain started on Saturday.
  • Our nephew's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  Ok, I know some people would lose it if they found out they had to go to Chuck's on a Saturday morning and spend time and money while crazed kids ran around and a large rat occasionally appeared out of nowhere.  But, I actually enjoyed it...from finding my zone playing Shrek pinball (I miss having a pinball machine in my basement like I did when I was growing up) to watching Cort throw the skeeball overhand across two other lanes (seriously, it is hard to believe there aren't more head traumas from skeeball), I have to admit, I enjoyed myself.  And getting to see family was pretty cool, too.
  • A shopping trip to Kohl's.  Woo hoo for a 30% off coupon and a running jacket that was on sale...among other sale and clearance items for the fam.  I love a good bargain.
  • A four-mile Sunday morning run in the rain and cold.  Why is this a good thing?  Because I did it and now I know I can bring myself to do it again.  I am on my way to easing into the winter runs that I have never before attempted.  (Thanks, in part, to the aforementioned new running jacket.)
  • A very cool Heroes and Villains exhibit at the Andy Warhol Museum featuring the comic book art of Alex Ross.  Granted, due to an infringement on nap time, we had to drag Everly out of the place kicking and screaming (literally), but it was fun while it lasted.  And the kids got to silkscreen a tote bag with fun "Bang!" and "Pow!" comic book designs.
  • A lazy, rainy, Sunday evening spent removing too-small clothes from the kids' drawers and decorating for fall, topped off with a pot roast dinner.
Perfect.  But that's just my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...
    Great content and your feelings.. I am glad to know all that stuff.

    Games For Young Children

    ReplyDelete