Sunday, August 8, 2010

Top 10 Reasons Why...

Going back to school is a good thing.  (This is taking a concerted effort, but must be done.  Might as well look at the bright side, right?)

  1. My family eats WAY healthier during the school year.  Despite the copious amounts of fresh fruit that my kids eat in the summer, which is awesome, we often find ourselves on the go and out of routine in the summer.  Therefore, we often find ourselves not home when it is time to cook dinner.  So, we either eat where we are, or we grab something quick.  Inevitably, this means a less healthy meal.
  2. Routine is good...for everyone.  I think the one that will benefit most from the structure of school this year may be Everly, but who knows.  I know that I tend to be much more organized (by necessity) during the school year, and that generally yields pretty good results.
  3. My kids need to be around other kids their age.  They are becoming SO attached to us that it can almost be embarrassing in social situations.  The number of times Everly says "Mommy!" in a day is borderline absurd, even for a seventeen month old.
  4. A paycheck is always nice.
  5. Despite my best intentions, and despite the fact that I am a teacher, I am just not the best stay-at-home-mom in terms of "educational" stuff.  I teach high school physics.  That doesn't translate all that well into teaching the alphabet or writing.  Now, educational in terms of the zoo, the museum, and physical education type things?  Can do.  I do try with the other stuff, but I am pretty sure that Cortlan is going to advance by leaps and bounds here shortly.
  6. If no one is in my house during the day, it can't possibly accumulate clutter during the day.
  7. I do miss being around adults without simultaneously chasing two kids that are going in two different directions.  I might be able to finish a whole conversation soon.
  8. I am getting tired of wearing the same clothes day in and day out...time for some new stuff, and a reason to look professional again.
  9. A paycheck is always nice.
  10. There is always something else to look forward to, too...like fall foliage and pumpkin picking, Halloween costumes, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then (gasp) my kids will be turning four and two.  And next summer will be here before we know it.  Maybe it is a good thing that time seems to slow down a bit when we go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment