Saturday, August 7, 2010

Things right now...

On my mind today...

  • The worst thing I can do is let my kids get too hungry or too tired.  I know this, so why do I ever push it?
  • Taking risks is fun, sometimes.  Lately, I have been trying to take risks a bit more...with some payoff, and some failure.  But, even experiencing the failures has been eye-opening, and really not nearly as bad as I would have thought.  My attitude has changed a lot.  "What's the worst that can happen?" was never really in my vocabulary before.
  • I am not ready to start school yet.  I haven't prepared physically.  There are things I need to do.  But mentally, I am in a better place than is typical for me.  Now, that may not be saying a whole lot considering my usual state.  And it's not that I am looking forward to going back.  But my efforts to have a better attitude are helping.  I have had only one nightmare.  I only have two zits.  And I feel much more calm than normal.  We will see how I am in another week.
  • I have been loving Everly kisses these days, with the "Muahh" and all.  I hope she adjusts well to daycare.  I worry about her.  She needs lots of lovin'.
  • Cortlan is in love with Mommy and Daddy lately.  He asks in the middle of dinner, "Mommy, can I come give you a hug?"  Often.  I soooo want to indulge him, but we would literally never finish dinner.
  • I have been told in the past that I like control, and I have generally taken that as an insult.  I am going to reconsider how I feel about such comments after reading the following sentence: "The feeling of control is an essential element of happiness."  And honestly, it isn't so much that I love feeling in control, but more like I hate to feel out of control.  I am going to be okay with that.
  • I smiled and laughed a lot today...one of my favorites:  Cortlan giving "belly toots" to Everly, and the two of them erupting in hysterical laughter.  Another:  Making a dessert with Cortlan, and him asking if he could lick the spoon, and me saying yes, and the two of us scraping the bowl and licking our spoons as we looked at each other and smiled delicious smiles of pudding and Cool Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment