Sunday, May 2, 2010

What I am loving at the moment

  • Cortlan dressing himself.  Even though they were inside out AND backwards, he put his underwear on all by himself.
  • Everly giving kisses...lip smacking sound and all.
  • Getting hands dirty.  And the prospect of home-grown herbs and veggies.
  • The success of my friends in the half-marathon...inspirational.
  • Other people's newborn babies.  They are so soft and sweet and beautiful, and I don't have to get up with them in the middle of the night.
  • Open windows and fresh air, even while the rain softly falls outside, and even though it is a little bit humid.
  • Big closets.  I don't have them, but that doesn't stop me from loving them.
  • Summer clothes.  Because the 2T pants that fit around Cortlan's waist are too short...but the shorts aren't.  The clothes are much more forgiving on Everly, too.  And, it is just nice to put away the winter stuff.
  • And last, but certainly not least: lunch that I didn't have to cook, cinnamon chocolate sheet cake with birthday candles in it, laughing, and spending time with family on a rainy Sunday.  I wish we could do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment