Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Some thoughts on a sad day


As a mother and a teacher, the events in Sandy Hook in December rocked me to the core.  I was devastated to the point of no words.  There came a point when I avoided Facebook and stopped reading about it; I couldn't look at another picture or read about another child or parent without being reduced to tears.

As a runner whose family has met me at many finish lines, the events in Boston have also rocked me.  The fact that the race was in honor of Sandy Hook and that families of those poor children were at the finish line and had to witness what happened adds even more tragedy.  The entire event is incomprehensible to me.

I consider myself a lover, not a fighter.  I prefer to get along with people and reduce or eliminate drama in my life when I can.  I respect that people can have differences in opinion than me; when someone attempts to force their opinion on me, I usually bow out of the conversation gracefully.  I hate debate and controversy.  I do not hate people.

I have a very hard time understanding why people wish to terrorize and bring destruction on others.  I wish that there wasn't so much hate.  I wish that people could live in peace and just leave each other alone.

1 comment:

  1. This is a time when no words come just sadness and pity for those who do such things.
    Aunt Jozia

    ReplyDelete