Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Our Christmas Eve in a nutshell

It started like this:
Turkey time with Dr. John

It included a lot of cleaning, cooking, eating and present opening with family, all while John steadily went down hill.

It ended like this, after he passed out in the bathroom after I got the kids to bed:
John attempting to look much happier than he felt.
We got discharged a little after 4 AM from the emergency room.  Fortunately, I had a Christmas elf (my dad) able to come over to be at our house with the kids.  I was ecstatic that he also cleaned my kitchen and put all of the food away while he was here.  I was also thrilled that the kids slept until nearly 8 AM, allowing us to get almost 3 hours of sleep before checking to see if Santa had made the trip to our house.  He had...

No comments:

Post a Comment