Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Joy in art

I am a teacher.  I have a kindergartner.  I have shed too many tears lately.  I don't want to talk about that.  I can't.

Instead, I need to focus on what brings me joy.
 
One of those things happens to be my kids' artwork.
 
In the fall, Cortlan was asked to color a scarecrow.  Beneath the scarecrow, they were to finish the sentence, "My scarecrow is..."  Many of the students said things like "pretty" or "nice."
 
 
Cortlan's scarecrow is "wearing laser beam eyes."  Love it.
 
 
The students in Everly's class were recently asked to draw a picture that represented their favorite parts of a holiday.
 
 
Many of the 3-year-olds' masterpieces were awesome works of abstract art.  I was quite proud (of both her and myself) when I was able to identify what Everly's picture was.  Her teacher commented on how well she did and how much time Everly spent working on the details.  Can you tell what it is?
 
 
Everly drew Santa (on the right) holding the reigns of his sleigh.  Rudolph is at the front (of course).  Santa's bag (orange, on the right) fell out of the sleigh and some toys (purple) came out of the bag.  Santa must have been running late, because the sun is shining in the sky.  This one is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment