Monday, November 22, 2010

My apologies

Coming off of a series of stressful and beyond-busy weeks that included all day Saturday rehearsals, followed by all day Monday rehearsals, followed by performances that began last Tuesday, followed by the end of the fall play season at 1:30 AM Sunday morning, and being that it was an uncharacteristically, amazingly gorgeous, November day with temperatures in the upper 60s, and being that it is now, officially, week seven of my 6-8 week doctor-ordered hiatus from running, it seemed an appropriate time to hit the pavement.

So I did.

I got home from school, quickly changed, grabbed my i-pod, tied up the laces, and headed out the door.

Wow, did it feel great to be out there again.  But who knew I would lose so much endurance, speed, stamina, and lung capacity in seven weeks?

Yes, running to my dentist appointment seemed like a great idea at the time.

But, I would now like to make a couple of formal apologies.

First, I would like to apologize to the dentist for being ten minutes late to my appointment.  I knew I wasn't going to be exactly on time, but I was thinking maybe a not-so-noticeable 3, 4 minutes late.  I obviously hadn't calculated for the molasses in my legs (or the crosswalks).

Second, I would like to apologize to the hygienist...for forgetting how much I sweat.  I have had more embarrassing moments, but laying there on her chair...well, maybe you can picture it.  It wasn't pretty.

Yep.  It seemed like a great idea at the time. 

And we won't discuss the fact that running home was my only option upon walking out of the dentist's office.

At least I wasn't late for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I just love your Blog. You crack me up. I clicked on "I enjoyed" and "haha!" but skipped the "can relate". And I hope I can never never relate to that. Oh... running that is.

    Of course I've been lying in a pool of sweat in a dentist's chair before, who hasn't??? :)

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete