Friday, March 19, 2010

Enjoying these moments

Just a few of my favorite moments from the past several days:

On Wednesday, Everly didn't want to get out of bed.  And so she cried.  Until John put her hat on her.  Then she was fine.  She was still wearing the hat when I picked her up from school.  It was 60 degrees outside.

That same day, Cortlan decided he wanted to wear his tie to school.  (Why not?)  When asked by his classmate why he was wearing "that thing,"  he simply said, "Because I like it!"  Cortlan was still wearing his tie when I picked him up from school.

On the way home that day, with Everly in her forward-facing car seat for only the second day, they held hands and smiled.  (Note the tie.)  Then we went to the park before even going home and enjoyed every minute of the spring-like weather with some friends.  Sometimes, just a change from the norm is all we need.

Thursday, I came home late after a training at school.  When I got home, John was grilling burgers and the kids were playing on the deck.  (Ahhh - spring!!)  Cortlan came running up to me with his winter mittens on.  He said, "These are my space gloves!  And that is my spaceship!"  I love the uninhibited 3-year-old imagination.  It takes me places, too.

At dinner, Everly began the "dropping the cup on the floor to see how many times daddy will pick it up" game.  As she held the cup precariously over the edge of the tray, he said to her, "If you drop it again, I am not picking it up."  She dropped it.  Cortlan, without a word, got out of his seat, walked over to Everly's side of the table, picked up her cup, gave it to her, and then quietly got back in his seat.  We watched with our hearts swelling.  And then she dropped the cup again.

2 comments:

  1. OMG that is such a cute pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Love having a phone with a decent camera. Otherwise, I wouldn't have most of the pictures on this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete