Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just a couple of random things while I have a second...

  • The new school year is a time for a fresh start - a new attitude, a new perspective, sometimes a new way of doing things; a chance to start over.  I have reprioritized a bit this year...it seems to be working so far.  Though, those priorities have left me with far less time on the computer.  Which is a good thing.  Except I miss writing this blog.  And I have missed a time-sensitive e-mail or two.  Oops.
  • The kids school year has started off well.  Everly seems to be having a few more growing pains than Cort with the change, but for the most part, the transition has been smooth.  Cortlan loves kindergarten and though I was worried tremendously when his first papers came back mostly incorrect, I was kind of happy to see how he handled it:  He has asked to work on his numbers at home, wants to have "number school," and is really working hard to learn from his mistakes.
  • I visited a friend and her two-week-old the other day.  I got to hold a beautiful little sweet-smelling newborn girl and reminisce about my kids being so tiny.  As we talked about babies sleeping and nursing and schedules and routines and waking up in the middle of the night, I felt a little jealous about how smoothly things seem to be going for her.  I swear it didn't work that way for me.  (A trip to Walmart that involved my mom carrying Everly away and me still hearing her scream from across the store stands out.)  But I am so happy for her, and I hope that things continue to go so well.  As we talked, I thought about how sweet it was to sit in the peaceful night with nothing to do but cuddle and nurse my sweet babies and how awesome it was to be able to care for them and nurture them.  And I thought how much I still love to care for them and nurture them.  And how glad I am that that doesn't involve waking up in the middle of the night anymore.
  • I have been thinking lately about some stuff and came to this conclusion:  There are pros and cons to everything, but sometimes, just sometimes, you just have to throw all of that out the window and do what makes life easiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment